Lenten Quote, Prayer, & Suggested Actions






" The days will come when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and they will fast."

~ Matthew 9:14-15

Prayer:

Lord, I want to sacrifice myself this Lent in order to grow closer to You. Above all, I want to practice charity and cultivate a true spirit of love toward others first and foremost in my home, and in my work and community environment as well. I know that this is something that will please you, for where there is charity there you are. Give me the strength to fulfill my Lenten sacrifices with love and to live this commitment to charity with unwavering dedication to you.

Suggested offerings to God today:

To create an atmosphere of charity in my family, work place, and my community through my words and deeds.

To fast and spend extra time in prayer.

Comments

  1. I tried your suggested actions today and realized just how difficult being charitable to others is for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the beautiful prayer, Jean.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots