Most Current Lenten Reads

What have I been reading this Lent?
Quite a variety of books.

Here is a sample.

Daily Devotions:
The Liturgy of the Hours
Magnificat
The Magnificat Lenten Companion
My Lenten Daily Devotions
The Word Among Us
God is Love -- Lent /Easter 2006

Spiritual Reading
Six Ways to Pray from Six Great Saints -- Gloria Hutchinson
The Seven Last Words -- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen
In My Own Words -- Mother Teresa's Reflections
Lives of the Saints
Model Communicant -- St. Peter Julian Eymard
Modern Saints -- Ann Ball
The Voice of the Saints -- Francis W. Johnston
The Bible
Catechism of the Catholic Church

Other
Mother Angelica -- Raymond Arroyo
Emily's Hope -- Ellen Gable

Also, the latest CD's have arrived from the monastery containing a 4 - part Lenten retreat, which I plan to start soon. I can hardly wait!

With the pilgrimage to Rome and the recent move to our new home, I haven't been able to read at my usual pace, but that's ok, God loves me just the same.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots