God or The Girl?

If you were like me and traveling over the Easter holiday and busily involved in other activities (like unpacking from your last move, packing for your Easter trip, and participating in Holy Week activities) you may have missed the new TV series everyone has been talking about. God or the Girl is a reality show on ABC TV. This five-part documentary series follows four young men through the emotionally wrenching final weeks that lead up to the most important decision of their lives - whether to become Catholic priests or not. When I first heard about it, it sounded sort of hokey to me and I have a tendency to mistrust anything shown on secular TV. However, from what I have read on the blogs, it isn't bad. If you have missed it, here is the schedule for upcoming airings. If you have seen it, what is your opinion so far?

Comments

  1. I saw the first episode and it was... okay. I guess I am watching out of curiosity more than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mixed feelings about it. Liked it in the way it portrayed Catholicism, but I don't particularly care for reality TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the show.. I think the show captured the confusion and emotional angst the boys were feeling. I was especially moved to tears when I watched Dan carry the cross. God Bless anyone who is trying to make that kind of decision.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots