Holy Week Meme

I saw this Holy Week Meme on Moneybag's blog (He was tagged by T.O.) and thought this would be fun to do.

Lent is almost over and this Sunday is Palm Sunday already! I thought it would be fun to share what we do special to commemorate the Passion and Resurrection of Our Lord.

1. What do you do with your new blessed palm(s) from Palm Sunday?
I make them into a loop-shaped palm and keep them for decoration on my crucifixes and on certain holy pictures I have in my home. I try to hang them up high so my cat, Jazzy, doesn't try to play with them, as she is very attracted to them.

2. What do you do with your old one from last year?
I burn them or bring them to Church so they can burn them.


3. What do you do during Holy Week in preparation for Good Friday?

I will attend Mass daily next week Monday - Thursday, go to Eucharistic Adoration as often as possible (hopefully daily), and attend the Good Friday Service. I went to the Sacrament of Reconciliation at the Communal Penance Service in our parish this evening (I went individually, of course.) There were six priests available to hear Confessions. It is First Friday and I try to go at least once a month at this time.

4. How do you commemorate Christ's Passion on Good Friday?
I will be attending the Passion in our parish, receive Holy Communion, make the Stations of the Cross, and venerate the cross. I will be fasting, and praying since it is a day of abstinence.
I will start praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy Novena, which begins on Good Friday. I will also be watching Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ (the original version) at home.

5. When do you color Easter eggs?
I haven't done this for a few years. I buy the plastic ones that are already colored and put candy or little toys inside of them for the children in the family. We have an Easter egg hunt with all of the children in the family at my sister-in-law's house out in the country. My husband and I like to arrive early so we be Easter Bunnies and hide the eggs. There are lots of great hiding places on her large estate.


6. When do you buy Easter candy?

Sometime this coming week. Thanks for the reminder.

7. What is the first thing you plan to do Easter morning?
I'm going to get up and go to Mass. Afterwards, I'll come home and enjoy a breakfast with family. Then, I will see if the Easter Bunny left me anything.

I'm tagging
WI Catholic, Ukok, Arthur of Angry Twins, Holy Fool, Conde, Fructis Ventris, and any other readers who care to participate. If you do not have a blog and would like to participate, please list your answers in the comment section below.

Comments

  1. thanks Jean, just completing it now, it will be up shortly :-)

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jean! I'll be sure to fill out the Holy Week MEME this weekend...

    Btw, my Brother is currently studying in Princeville. I'm sure he would love to meet you one day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots