Meditation for the Fourth Week of Lent: Tuesday


"Amen, amen I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM."
~ John 8

Once a group of teachers from the United States came through Calcutta. One of them asked me if I would say something that they could keep as a remembrance of the visit that would be useful to them. "Smile at one another. Smile at your wives." (I hate the feeling that we are in such a hurry that we do not even have time to look at one another and smile.) One of them said, "Mother, it is obvious that you are not married!" "Yes, I am ," I answered. "Sometimes it is very difficult for me to smile at Jesus because he asks too much of me."

~ Blessed Teresa of Calcutta

Comments

  1. She is another, along with Edith Stein (see my comment at St Teresa Benedicta...) Padre Pio, Venerable Solanus Casey, and Max Kolbe... my favorites of this century

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots