Via Crucis Grid Blog: Station 3: Jesus Falls the First Time

Join the Way.

Jesus falls beneath the cross, exhausted from his scourging, his back weak and his flesh torn, his wounds driping blood, each movement of the cross driving the thorns deeper into his head. Humilated by the soldiers spitting upon him, mocking and cursing him, he is degraded once more, as the heavy cross weighs down upon his back and shoulders, he collapses, his face rubbed into the dirt.

Lord, help me not to fear the virtue of humility, but to embrace it, as you did. Strip away my pride, my desire for control over people and the events in my life. Remove the arrogance that tells me that I can handle things on my own, that I can succeed without you. Strip away my sense of independence and self-sufficiency, help me to learn from your great humility, the secret in discovering greatness is by bending low before God and before and my neighbor. Help me to be compassionate and loving toward all who suffer -- the weak, the lonely, those who are afflicted mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Give me the strength to lift them up from their miseries, that I may realize, in doing so, I will be lifting you up and assisting you in carrying your cross.

Other bloggers for his First Fall include Maggie and PmPilgrim.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots