Via Crucis Grid Blog: Station 4: Jesus Meets His Mother



How difficult it must been for your Mother -- the one who carried you in her womb and nourished you, saw your first smile, heard you speak your first word, and comforted you when as a child, see you now, suffering beneath the heavy weight of your cross, not being able to alleviate that pain, but watching you, in agony, suffering along with you. Unlike the disciples who fled, she faithfully remains by your side.

How courageous your Mother was to stay with you until the end! How great was her love for you to watch you endure so much pain and not attempt to interfere with the Father's plan. Lord, help me to unite my pain with hers when I feel helpless in the face of suffering, when I watch my loved ones suffer agony and experience injustices in their lives. Help me to be a strong support for them. Keep my faith strong. Give me the strength to yield to the Father's will without question.

Other bloggers for this station include
Maggie, Elena, Jennifer, and U2Sermons.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots