MY ROME PILGRIMAGE

It has been awhile since I have written about my Rome pilgrimage and I apologize for that. I was hoping to get back with you sooner, but due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to do so. At last I have obtained the first set of photos, which consist of some glimpses of the founding of the Community of St. John's 30th anniversary in Rome with the Holy Father, which took place in mid February 2006. Rather than explain each photo in any detail, I will post the photos and if you have any questions, feel free to email me or leave a question in the comment box. Enjoy!

Here is the Zenit Article:

Date: 2006-02-15
Community of St. John Gets Papal Advice
VATICAN CITY, FEB. 15, 2006 (
Zenit.org).- Benedict XVI urged the Community of St. John to "undertake ever more profound discernment of vocations" as he met with 1,800 members of the religious family. Members of the ecclesial community, which is celebrating its 30th anniversary, were welcomed by the Pope today in St. Peter's Basilica. They were accompanied by their priors general and Dominican Father Marie-Dominique Philippe. "May your pilgrimage be a time of renewal," said the Holy Father, "confirming what has been lived to draw teachings and to undertake ever more profound discernment of vocations that present themselves and of missions to which you are called, in trusting collaboration with the pastors of local Churches." The Community of St. John comprises 930 men (half of whom are priests or deacons) and active and contemplative women religious, as well as more than 3,000 lay oblates of more than 34 nationalities. It is present in 21 countries. The Brothers of St. John are recognized as a religious congregation, under the bishop of the Autun Diocese, where their motherhouse is located. The community arose in 1976 when five students of the University of Fribourg, in Switzerland, decided to establish a community around Father Philippe, then a professor.









Comments

  1. Such beautiful pictures! I felt as if I was there with you. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jean!

    I love these photos! Did you take them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan!

    No, the photos were taken by one of the Brothers of St. John who is a much better photographer than I am. He was kind enough to share them with me.

    I was there and had a great view of everything. It was a moving and unforgettable experience.

    God bless you,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots