Tiller the Killer or Hannibal the Cannibal?


Please pray for this man's conversion and for the salvation of his soul.


It was quite busy at Tiller's mill this afternoon. I counted 14 cars in the parking lot and three additional cars drove through on my watch. Two prayer warriors were with me. J. was holding up a cardboard picture of Caucasian newborn while we prayed the rosary together. A middle-aged Black woman drove out of the mill and when I attempted to communicate with her, she sarcastically shouted out to J., "That's a cute baby -- she looks just like you!"

A little while later, I saw Tiller get into his Jeep. He has purposely struck people with his vehicle before on more than one occasion, so I moved away from the entrance and stared straight at him, as I finished my rosary and kissed the corpus of Jesus on the crucifix. He looks very much like his pictures -- like someone who is very angry, distressed, and depressed. As I gazed at the face of this murderer, I tried to find Jesus there. When abortionists and staff drive by, I usually say something positive (like "God bless you!"), but decided instead to say a silent prayer for him.


I felt a little like Clarice Starling (Jodie Foster) in Silence of the Lambs when she met with Hannibal the Cannibal for the first time. Although I did not fear him, I used my common sense and was cautious and alert when he drove out (J. was sitting in the Truth Truck watching. The other prayer warrior had left.) Just as Clarice was intrigued by Hannibal, I am intrigued to a certain extent by Tiller in the sense that I have a curiosity as to how he got into this horrible business in the first place and to understand why he continues to be so determined to hurt others and destroy life?

What motivates someone who is in the medical profession, is trained to save lives and takes the Hippocratic Oath to save human lives turn into a murderer who slaughters innocent babies living and growing in their mothers' wombs?

What would make someone want to impose immeasurable physical, spiritual, and psychological harm on women, placing their lives in serious jeopardy?


It is indeed a sickness -- a sickness of the mind and of the soul. It is not suprising that many abortionists develop drug and alcohol addictions. Their actions oppose the natural law.

J. sat in the Truth Truck, praying, while I stood in the pouring rain under my "golf umbrella" reciting the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, praying for the Lord's mercy to rain down on Tiller to cleanse and purify his heart. I asked the Holy Spirit to soften Tiller's hardened heart and shine forth light and grace into the darkness of his soul.

Comments

  1. Compelling post, Jean. I don't know how I would react if I met a murderer like Tiller face to face. I would be tempted to spit on him. Abortionists are definitely the scum of the earth which is all the more reason to pray for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post, Jean! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots