Spiritual Reflection of the Day -- Servant of God Elizabeth Leseur

"I know by experience that in hours of trial certain graces are obtained for others that all our efforts had not previously obtained. I have thus concluded that suffering is the higher form of action, the best expression in the wonderful communion of saints. . . . Through it God consents to accomplish everything. Suffering helps Christ to save the world and souls. When I am overwhelmed by the immensity of my desires for those I love, . . . it is toward suffering that I turn. It is through suffering that I ask to be allowed to serve as an intermediary between God and souls. It is the perfect form of prayer, the only infallible form of action. "

~Servant of God Elizabeth Leseur

Comments

  1. If people have not read her Diary, they should. Especially those in not so good marriages. It may inspire many to pick up their cross and carry it, rather than choosing to default on their vows. She is one of my favorite people to read about. Her husbanc gave retreats, at least one of which was attended by our own Fulton J Sheen!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots