Saint of the Day: Maria Goretti, Patroness of Purity



Official Prayer to St. Maria Goretti

Oh Saint Maria Goretti who, strengthened by God's grace, did not hesitate even at the age of twelve to shed your blood and sacrifice life itself to defend your virginal purity, look graciously on the unhappy human race which has strayed far from the path of eternal salvation. Teach us all, and especially youth, with what courage and promptitude we should flee for the love of Jesus anything that could offend Him or stain our souls with sin. Obtain for us from our Lord victory in temptation, comfort in the sorrows of life, and the grace which we earnestly beg of thee (here insert intention), and may we one day enjoy with thee the imperishable glory of Heaven. Amen.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be to the Father, etc.
St. Maria Goretti, pray for us!

Modesty Pledge

I WAS CREATED AS A UNIQUE CHILD OF GOD.
I am special! My body was made in God's image and how I choose to act, what I choose to wear, to watch or listen to, enhances or diminishes the virtues of my personality.


I will cherish my body and sexuality as gifts from God and give myself time to grow, mature, and understand who I am and what God wants me to be in my life. I will take pride in being chaste because it pleases God and offers me the greatest freedom in life.

The Blessed Mother, by her holiness and modesty, radiated a grace, dignity and beauty that was a perfect reflection of our loving God. When I try to imitate Mary, like St. Maria Goretti, I can inspire others my age and be a role model through my behavior and example.


Marital love and sex have a wondrous power permitted by God to create human life through the sacred and holy union of husband and wife. I respect this co-creative role God has entrusted to me when I value myself and my sexuality as a sign of God's loving relationship with me and with the person I will someday choose to love.


I will seek guidance and support when making difficult personal decisions in life. I understand the possibility of harmful choices and their consequences, but I also understand the loving forgiveness that is mine from God, always.

I now sign my name as a young man or young woman who desires to be a member of this positive and powerful core group of young Christians, committed by action and example, to prayer, chastity, forgiveness and love of God in the Eucharist, like St. Maria Goretti, model for today's youth.

St. Maria Goretti, pray for us!
________________________________________(signature)


Please print and sign this form. Keep a copy for yourself as a reminder of your promise to God and to yourself, and send/fax another copy, along with your address, to:

FRIENDS OF ST. MARIA GORETTI USA, INC.
P.O. Box 0043
Maryknoll, NY 10545-0043
Phone: 914/941-6372
Fax: 914/945-0715
email: gzilli@maryknoll.org

Via http://www.mariagoretti.org/

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots