Saint of the Day: St. Ignatius of Loyola

"Few souls understand what God would accomplish in them if they were to abandon themselves unreservedly to Him and if they were to allow His grace to mold them accordingly."
~ Saint Ignatius of Loyola


Prayers of St. Ignatius of Loyola

Soul of Christ, sanctify me. Body of Christ, save me. Blood of Christ, inebriate me. Water from the side of Christ, wash me. Passion of Christ, strengthen me. O good Jesus, hear me. Within Your wounds hide me. Permit me not to be separated from You. From the wicked foe defend me. At the hour of my death call me. And bid me come to You. That with Your saints I may praise You For ever and ever. Amen.

"Dearest Lord,
teach me to be generous.
teach me to serve You as You deserve;
to give and not to count the cost;
to fight, and not to heed the wounds;
to labor, and not to seek to rest;
to give of myself and not to ask for reward,
except the reward of knowing that I am doing
Your will."


Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, all that I have and possess.You hast given all to me. To You, O Lord, I return it all. All is Yours; dispose of it wholly according to Your Will. Give me Your love and Your grace, for this is sufficient for me. For with these I am rich enough and desire nothing more. Amen.

Comments

  1. Since today is his feastday, thank you for these prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome.

    God bless you,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots