Favorite Quotes from St. Clare of Assisi


“Place your mind before the mirror of eternity! Place your soul in the brilliance of glory! And transform your entire being into the image of the Godhead Itself through contemplation."

"He Christ is the splendor of eternal glory, "the brightness of eternal light, and the mirror without cloud."

"Gaze upon Him, consider Him, contemplate Him, as you desire to imitate Him."

"I come, O Lord, unto Thy sanctuary to see the life and food of my soul. As I hope in Thee, O Lord, inspire me with that confidence which brings me to Thy holy mountain. Permit me, Divine Jesus, to come closer to Thee, that my whole soul may do homage to the greatness of Thy majesty; that my heart, with its tenderest affections, may acknowledge Thine infinite love; that my memory may dwell on the admirable mysteries here renewed every day, and that the sacrifice of my whole being may accompany Thine."

"Totally love Him, Who gave Himself totally for your love."

Comments

  1. Love the line "the mirror of eternity" and know that our task is to see this Risen Christ in our each and every day to make eternity real on earth this moment, and all our days!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots