My Favorite Padre Pio Quotes

"Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer."

"Prayer is the best weapon we have; it is the key to God's heart. You must speak to Jesus not only with your lips, but with your heart. In fact on certain occasions you should only speak to Him with your heart."

"Do you not see the Madonna always beside the tabernacle?"

"The longer the trial to which God subjects you, the greater the goodness in comforting you during the time of the trial and in the exaltation after the combat. "

"Keep close to the Catholic Church at all times, for the Church alone can give you true peace, since she alone possesses Jesus, the true Prince of Peace, in the Blessed Sacrament."

"Fear not because God is with you."

"Prayer is the oxygen of the soul."

"Who can assure us that we will be alive tomorrow? Let us listen to the voice of our conscience, to the voice of the royal prophet: "Today, if you hear God's voice, harden not your heart." Let us not put off from one moment to another (what we should do) because the (next moment) is not yet ours. "

"Oh, how precious time is! Blessed are those who know how to make good use of it. Oh, if only all could understand how precious time is, undoubtedly everyone would do his best to spend it in a praiseworthy manner!"

"The life of a Christian is nothing but a perpetual struggle against self; there is no flowering of the soul to the beauty of its perfection except at the price of pain."

Comments

  1. After a study of Saint Pio, I will be taking him as my Patron Saint as I re-enter the The Holy Roman Catholic Church this Easter Vigil. I cannot wait as I have found him to be a true servent of God and a humble person in spirit. I pray that I may do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord Lee Goodboe! You made the right choice of coming home to the One true Church founded by Our Lord Jesus Christ through St. Peter. As one of Padre Pio's spiritual children, I would to welcome you to the group of his Spiritual children. God bless you always! Keep the faith and fire burning in your heart. God loves you, Mama Mary loves you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Recently by one of my good friends I have known St Padre Pio. Ever since I heard of him a kind of attachment developed towards him, I have received couple of personal favors after started praying to him. I am acknowledging St Padre Pio as my Patron Saint. My wife also started receiving signal graces these days. I have taken the commitment in future I will spread his name in India were I am coming from.
    St Pio, Please bless whom ever is reading this forum.

    God Bless You all
    Job Valluthamannunkal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Padre Pio is my favorite saint.

    c.pio
    http://www.catholicpoint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you St. Padre Pio for cleansing me and renewing my love and devotion to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I first heard Of Padre Pio through a dying man who told me When he was young his mother suffered From a brain tumor which caused her to go blind. Being catholic the preist told him to write padre pio and mail him his blessing. Six months later he finally got a letter back from Pio saying say this prayer and your mother will be healed. He did and within minutes his mother could see and no longer was blind. I was so inspired by his story I immediately started researching Pio and now he is my favorite saint because he to has answered my prayer in need. I believe God put this elderly dying man in my life for a reason though I only knew him a short amount of time he has helped me so much for getting to know my now Patron Saint and I will forever be grateful!
    RIP Norman McCarthy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had really been struggling in the discernment of my vocation, and about 5 nights ago now, Padre Pio met me in a dream and spoke to me about my calling and the importance of it. He also told me satan will never leave me alone because of it (which is similar to him and his story). He told me I am strong because God is strong, called me his child, and blessed me as I wept on the Cathedral floor. I have not been the same, and know I am called to be a Capuchin Sister. (He was a Capuchin Friar). Thank you, Padre Pio, for blessing my life and so many others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots