Why did Wal-Mart go 'gay'?

By Kevin McCullough

I have long been a huge fan of the Sam Walton family and the tremendous success story they made for themselves in corporate America. Not a huge fan of their clothing lines, but for tools, electronics, camping gear and other life essentials, well, suffice it to say I've spent my share of dollars on everything from batteries to gum.


I've known numbers of people who worked for Wal-Mart, and they've always confided that it is an amazing company by way of internal promotion. Someone can start out as a stock boy and within two years become a store manager.

There is something simple, familiar, inexpensive and friendly at a Wal-Mart. During college basketball days when the team would be on the road, we never felt far from home if we could load up on CDs, Slim-Jims (the beef snack, not automobile door openers) and Mountain Dew, and zip through the smiley face check-out lane.

On nearly every occasion I've visited a Wal-Mart, I've nearly always seen entire families shopping together – of every racial and ethnic background you could imagine. Newer than Sears, less expensive than Target, much more hip than K-Mart, there quite possibly couldn't be a more family-friendly vendor in all of America.

Until this week ... [Complete Story]

Comments

  1. According to Life Decisions International www.fightpp.org Wal-Mart has also recently started donating $$ to Planned Parenthood.
    I'm done shopping there. Yeah, I got milk and batteries and laundry detergent cheaply, and stretching our family's dollars helps me stay home with the kids....I'll have to figure out a different way to stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb,

    I admire your decision and hope to do the same myself.
    I am determined to find a way, as I don't want to support the culture of death -- the gay lifestyle and PP's pro-death agenda.

    I also plan to write them a letter letting them know why I am no longer shopping there.

    God bless you,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots