A "Perfect" Fall Weekend

Saturday was a perfect fall day - bright and sunny- 75 degrees - with the leaves just beginning to change colors here. So what did I do? I went to the Knights of Columbus book sale with all the proceeds going to the area crisis pregnancy centers. Not only that, but there were thousands of books in all genres, as well as videos and DVD's. I spent nearly three hours looking and stayed so late that there was a markdown on everything. CD's, Videos and DVD's were $1 each and books were $5 per (large) box.

Some of the treasures I was able to find include the following CD's: Andre Rieu - The Vienna I Love, Eternity - Eric Genuis, Let's Talk About Love - Celine Dion, Discover Classical Music - 2 CD's with the Gregorian Chant and all the classics by my favorite composers (Mozart, Bach, Handel, Schubert, Chopin, etc.), and a Christmas CD that was sold to the previous owner to benefit a local food pantry. The best part is that they are all in mint condition and some are still in their original celophane wrapping!

I found some great books on the saints and Catholicism, on pro-life topics, and nearly an entire collection of Mary Higgins Clark's mysteries in paperback. I gathered up lots of children's books for the little ones and the teenagers in my life. I felt as if were in Book Heaven. When we moved last year, I gave away tons of books, now I am enlarging my collection again. If you haven't yet heard, there is a free book give-away over at Dom's. It sounds like a fabulous way to enlarge your library.




On Sunday, it rained all day and was a little cool, so we stayed in and I decided to do a little baking. Pumpkin muffins are a real treat this time of year. Mine have no trans fats and are actually quite healthy, as they are gluten free and made with organic pumpkin and all natural ingredients. My husband and I split a large one while they were still warm and talk about delicious. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

We lit all the candles around the fireplace in our family room and said our daily rosary while the pumpkin muffins were baking. The aroma of ginger and cinnamon filled our nostrils as we relaxed in our recliners. We could hardly wait for those muffins to be done. If anyone is interested in the recipe, just email me at catholicfire@cox.net and I will be happy to send one off to you.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots