Update on My Activities

Ok... I am responding to those of you who have requested an update on my activities. After the election, I was really exhausted and needed some down time. Instead of blogging day and night plus doing extra work to promote pro-life candidates, counseling and assisting pregnant women, coordinating adult education activities in my parish, writing book reviews, reviewing movies, and going crazy performing all the other vital activities that good wives and mothers (we are all mothers) do, while struggling with FMS, I decided it was time to rest. As much as I would like to envision myself as having the strength of Samson and the endurance and perseverance of Mother Teresa, I have to admit to myself that I am only Jean Heimann - a mere mortal who is given many graces by God to get out of bed in the morning and perform the simple activities of everyday life which are often quite challenging. If I can perform those faithfully and obediently, then I ceratinly will have accomplished all that God has asked me to do.

Ok, here's the scoop on the book. I wrote my first book -- Gold in the Furnace -- in 2004. My Spiritual Father, friends, family and other writers who read my book proposal and excerpts from the book thought it was great and encouraged me to have it published. I sent the book proposal and excerpts from the book to about half a dozen Catholic publishers over the next two years. I received some very positive feedback but no takers. In the meantime, I began writing another non-fiction book related to a topic that I have been interested in for a long time which I believe will be appealing to both Catholics as well as non-Catholics and will draw others to the faith. I have resumed my research in this area and have begun writing about it again. I still need some validation on this second book and hope to meet with my Spiritual Father this coming week. I could certainly could use prayers for discernment because I truly desire to do God's will.

Thanks for your prayers and I will keep you all posted on this.

I would like to thank all of you who have sent me cards and words of encouragement and inspiration. May God bless you abundantly and bless your hearts with the same joy and peace you have given me.

I hope and pray that you are all having a happy and holy Advent Season as we wait in joyful hope with Mother Mary for the coming of our Savior.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the update, Jean!

    Praying for your intentions :-)

    God Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean,

    It's good to hear that you're doing better and feeling energetic enough to get back to work on the book again.

    Did you give up on getting the first book published or are you still trying to do something with that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ukok!

    Susan,

    No, I haven't given up. I'm still working on getting that one published. I believe that is what God wants me to do.

    God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you still writing inspirational stories and book reviews, Jean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am. I am also working on a new website to promote my published works.

    Thanks for asking Patricia.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jean:
    Thanks for posting your update. It's nice to see you posting :-)
    God bless,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the update! May God bless you with the health and energy to continue with the ministry and writing to which you have dedicated yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Esther and Barb. I really appreciate your encouragement.



    God bless you,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots