Homemaking Meme

I found this meme at SFO Mom and decided to play along. Ok, maybe I don't have any children at home, but I will be a "homemaker" until I die.

The Homemaking Meme

Aprons – Y/N? Yes, because like Ukok, I have an ample bosom and don't notice the grease or tomato juice spot on my clothing until I take it off at bedtime and by then a bad stain has already set in, ruining some of my favorite outfits. I don't cook without an apron anymore. I also think aprons are very feminine.

Baking – Favorite thing to bake:brownies with walnuts.

Clothesline – Y/N? No, not since we have moved.

Donuts – Have you ever made them? No.

One homemaking thing you do every day:
I cook every day. I spend time preparing well-balanced healthy meals - with lots of fresh veggies and fruits.

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
No, but we're planning on purchasing one to store some of our favorite foods.

Garbage Disposal – Y/N? Yes

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
I don't have one.

Ironing – Love it or hate it?
What's that? If the clothing isn't no-iron, I don't buy it. If something is wrinkled, I just stick it in the dryer.

Junk drawer – Yes or No? Where is it?
In my laundry room.


Kitchen: Design & Decorating?
My kitchen with attached dining area has a huge bay window where I can see everything going on in my backyard. My kitchen is very bright and filled with sunlight. It is painted in orange with green accents. It was painted that way when we moved in and I like it. The Last Supper painting that I purchased at the Vatican Museum last year with it's vibrant oranges matches the decor.

Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
Cooking a delicious and healthy meal.

Mop - Y/N? Yes

Nylons - Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
I wash them in the machine on "hand wash/casual" in cold water.

Oven - Do you use the window, or open the door to check?
Both

Pizza - What do you put on yours?
I rarely eat pizza, but when I do, I like lots of everything on it - both meat and veggies.

Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Write, read, or pray.

Recipe card box - Y/N?
No, although I have recipes, most of what I cook is from memory or I just combine what I think will taste good together and I've had no complaints yet.

Style of house - late 1980's split foyer

Tablecloths and napkins - Y/N?
I like tablecloths, and napkins, though I use only the latter on special occasions. During the week, we use plastic placemats and paper napkins.

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland?
Organized

Vacuum - How many times per week?
It varies, depending on what activities or meetings we have going on that week. When it looks like it needs it, I try to get to it.

Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do a week?
At least 6, sometimes more.

X's - Do you keep a daily list of things to do and cross them off?
No

Yard - Who does what?
We both like to work outdoors, especially on our flowers and garden. Someone else mows the lawn.

Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Usually, it's the laundry.

Anyone interested in playing feel free to do so. Just let me know in the comment box.

Comments

  1. Thanks for playing! And you don't have to be a parent to be a homemaker :) All you need is the home, and the love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Barb.

    God bless,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots