New and Improved "4 new x 2" Meme

The new and improved Meme is the "4 new x 2" is a variation of the eight things meme and I've been tagged by Esther.

The rules: You have to share four things that were new to you in the past four years. Four things you learned or experienced or explored for the first time in the past four years. New house, new school, new hobby, new spouse, new baby, whatever. Then you have to say four things you want to try new in the next four years.

Four Things That were new to me in the Past Four Years:

1. Kansas - We moved here 19 months ago from IL. Prior to moving here, I had only been through Kansas late at night traveling on a train headed for Houston, Texas, so I had no idea of what it would be like to live here. I love it here - at least in the area where we're living. The pace is slower and there is so much more to do here. Property taxes are lower than IL and there are many advantages to living here. There are many faithful Catholics in this area.

2. Working as a Crisis Pregnancy Counselor - I love my volunteer work - I believe that this is one of the reasons God called us here.

3. I made a pilgrimage to Rome for the first time last year and met the Holy Father. I actually shook hands with him!

4. I started blogging 3 and a half years ago.

Four Things That I Hope to Try in the Next Four Years:

1. Have my new book published.

2. Learn to play the piano, which is something I have wanted to do since I was in the third grade.

3. Become fluent in Spanish.

4. Travel to Mexico. I would love to go on a pilgrimage to Guadalupe.

I will tag the following 8 people:

Barb

Deb

Karen

Leticia

T.O.

Jeff

Matthew

Paul

Comments

  1. You would love the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe. I was there twice, sadly didn't appreciate it as I really wasn't a practicing Catholic, yet her presence was THERE.

    I was spending a semester in Mexico, and we were there on day 3 after our arrival, and she made a deep impression upon me there.

    As far as becoming fluent in Spanish....might I suggest an extended volunteer trip to Mexico? The best way to learn is through immersion, if your life will allow you to follow this. With abortion now being done in Mexico City, you may be needed there....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Spiritual Father went to Mexico at a time that did not work for me, but when the group returned I wanted more than ever to go there.

    I have friends who have lived in Mexico and tell me the same thing about being immersed in the language.

    Would you pray that my dream may soon become a reality?

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots