Flowers From My Garden: For Our Mother on Her Feast Day

This is a beautiful assortment of lilies near our pond.
Some purple to add color.

I love these little flowers - they're so dainty and delicate.


My favorite lilies are the pink. It looks like the high humidity is showing up in this photo.


The pink roses decorate the side of our house.


The fragrant Moon flowers open up only at night.
We have several flowers and blooms on this plant now, which has grown considerably. The blooms are satiny and they are as white as freshly fallen snow.
Photographer: my husband, Bill

Comments

  1. Beautiful flowers! I haven't been by in awhile (I apologize). I love the new look of your site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Mary garden you have!All of nature rejoices on the Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean: What beautiful flowers! Is the second one Echinacea cornflower)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to hear from you, Valerie. Thanks for the compliment. I hope you're having a relaxing summer.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Leticia! I think of Our Lady everytime I see flowers, which remind me of her beauty. Red roses especially remind me of her love for us. I have a white rose bush and a pink one, but wish I had a Mr. Lincoln rose bush like I did at our house in IL - they are my favorite. Once a very holy priest prayed over me and I smelled the strong scent of roses. This is the only time in my life this has happened. I knew Our Lady was present.

    Esther, Yes, they are Echinacea coneflowers. They are wonderful for attracting butterflies and they are really hardy. Thanks, Esther.

    God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots