Prayer Request (updated)

Hi folks! I just returned home from the mall, where I had an accident. Bill and I attend daily Mass at 5:30 p.m. and afterwards, do our daily walk at the mall for about 30 minutes. During Mass, we heard heavy rain falling, but it let up afterwards.

When we got to the mall, we were feeling good. We both had a good nights' sleep and were feeling pretty energetic, so we decided to walk at a good pace. About 20 minutes into our walk, I found myself on the floor - with my backside turned slightly toward the right, leaning on my right wrist. Needless to say, my backside is bruised and my wrist is pretty sore. There was a large puddle of water on the floor that neither my husband nor I saw on the shiny white surface under the dim lights. We reported it to the security guard there, he took notes, and said he would write up a report. When we left, the streets in that area were flooded, so there were other mall security officers around the mall directing traffic.

When you have arthritis and fibromyalgia syndrome to begin with, a fall really takes its toll on your body. When you don't have health insurance, it complicates things even more. Right now, I am sitting on ice, with ice on my wrist and back. Nothing is broken, but every thing's pretty achy right now and I can feel the pain in my neck and back now, too. It has a tendency to travel with FMS, so I could really use your prayers now. I pray that this will pass soon and not turn into anything serious. We can't afford medical bills right now with my dh still not working full - time. Hopefully, this won't interfere with my blogging. Thanks!

Comments

  1. My prayers are with you! I'm so sorry, and hope you're soon feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jean! I am praying for your quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will pray a decade of the Rosary for your quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read this post and will keep you in my prayers. I hope you are feeling better very soon. :)

    God bless,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can count on my prayers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone for your prayers!

    God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will keep u in my prayers..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jean,
    You have my prayers.
    Take it easy, get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Mark. I appreciate your prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots