St. Therese of Lisieux, Roses, and the Novena Rose Prayer


" I will let fall from Heaven a shower of roses."
~ St. Therese of Lisieux

This is the time of year (at least in the midwestern part of the United States) that roses are blooming. With all the rain we have had here lately, they are growing abundantly. Roses always remind me of my dear friend, St. Therese, who often interecedes for me. I can really use her prayers for a special intention now, so I am going to begin the nine day novena to her today. Please feel free to join me in praying for your special intention(s).

Novena Rose Prayer

O Little Therese of the Child Jesus, please pick for me a rose from the heavenly gardens and send it to me as a message of love.

O Little Flower of Jesus, ask God today to grant the favors I now place with confidence in your hands...(mention petitions)

St. Therese, help me to always believe as you did, in God's great love for me, so that I might imitate your "Little Way" each day. Amen.


(Say this prayer for nine days and St. Therese will send you a rose!)

~ From the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus, Kirkwood, Missouri

Comments

  1. Thank you for posting this, Jean. I need it for a special intention, too, so I just joined you! Oh, and what a beautiful picture of a rose, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you be showered with the blessing of an answered prayer! I'll be holding your intentions in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Margaret Mary, for praying this with me - I will be uniting my prayer with yours.

    Barb,
    Thank you for your prayers and your kind words and blessings.

    God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots