August 8th: A Very Important Day!

Tomorrow, Wednesday, August 8th is a very important day, for not only is it my birthday (My dh tells me it's my 21st and I'll go along with that.), but it is also late-term abortionist George Tiller's birthday. We both could use the gift of prayer for our birthdays. Tiller needs prayer for an end to his execution of babies living in their mother's wombs and to stop hurting women and their families. He also needs prayer for conversion - that he will give God permission to lift him up from the darkness of death and fill him with the light of His healing and transforming love. Let's pray for an outpouring of God's graces and for Tiller's acceptance of those healing graces. God is closest to those who are furthest from Him and he is calling his prodigal son home. He commands us to love one another and to pray for our enemies. Let us pray for the conversion of all souls ensnared in the culture of death, especially Tiller - he desperately needs our prayers.

Comments

  1. Jean, I wish you many birthday blessings!

    And thank you for the inspiration of your prayers for the conversion of your fellow birthday celebrant, that he will hear God's voice and turn away from the evil culture of death toward Eternal Life. I will join my prayers to yours as you celebrate your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb,

    Thanks for your birthday greetings and for joining me in prayer and for all your prayers.

    You are a special friend.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy Birthday!!! 21 eh? Ok, I'll bite! Sooo when my birthday comes along next week, I'll say that too!! hhehehe

    My prayers are joined with you and Barb's...they need em bad! THanks for sharing your wonderful blog with us and giving us inspiration!

    Ebeth
    Climbing for Jean today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean, that is so strange, here you are one of the bloggers who consistently exposes this killer and you have to share a birthday with him!
    Yes, I will pray for his conversion because nothing is impossible with God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your prayers, Esther and Ebeth. Thanks for your kind words, Ebeth.
    I agree, Esther - it is odd and probably more than a coincidence that Tiller and I have birthdays the same day.

    God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots