A FEW PHOTOS FROM THE MIDWEST CATHOLIC FAMILY CONFERENCE


Fr. Benedict Groeschel and me. He was definitely my favorite speaker of the conference - this is the third time I have seen him.

Here I am with Michael Barber, striking the same pose. His talks were just brilliant! I would love to have him as a professor.


Barbara Nicolosi and me - It was great to hear her talk and to see her again. She had the audience in stitches! She could easily be a stand-up comedienne. What a talented script writer and gifted lady she is. Our first meeting was at the Catholic Writer's Conference at Franciscan University - Steubenville several years ago. Do I look like a movie critic here with my glasses on?



Here I am with Regina Doman - a delightful, joyful, and very talented author. We are both members of online Catholic writing groups. It was a thrill to finally meet her in person! Her husband is a special guy, too!


Now that I have shown you these photos of myself - I get a plenary indulgence. Deo gratius to all the photographers, especially to my dear husband.
More photos from the Midwest Catholic Family Conference and a story later.

Comments

  1. What great photos! I hope you got a chance to chat with Fr. Groeschel Jean. He is such an interesting priest!
    You are a very lovely lady too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean,

    Thank you so much for sharing those photos. Sounds like a terrific time! What are you talking about "plenary indulgence"?! You look very beautiful in those pictures!

    I hope your back is better, mine is really bad right now

    God bless,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, I agree with Esther, you are such a lovely lady, nice to finally see you!
    Isn't Fr. Groeschel the best?!
    I never get tired of his EWTN appearances, or reading his many books. They have helped me grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what great guests. How difficult is it to get Fr. Groeschel to come to town?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the Midwest, home of the big heat wave! I hope you were staying cool...though in that company and with that look you have, how could you not? :) It's good to have a face to go with the "voice" and the conference looked like great fun, Jean! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. Esther, I really wish I would have been able to talk with Fr. G. personally - I have always been a big fan of his. I feel like a "groupie" when I am around him.

    Thanks, Donna Marie. I was having a bad hair day as the heat and humidity really flattened it out. Photos always seem to add about 20 lbs on to my already slightly overweight body. Sorry to hear about your back - I will keep you in my prayers.

    Leticia, I agree with you 100%. He always has something new and fresh for us to read. He has a wealth of knowledge, a dry wit, and is so spiritually gifted. Who could tire of him? Not me, that's for sure.

    Defund Abortion Guy - I don't really know how hard it is because I wasn't involved in booking him, but I can find out for you if you are seriously interested. Let me know.

    Sarah,

    It's been over 100 degrees here lately and I tend to be overheated most of the time. How are you handling the heat?

    Yes, I loved the conference and desperately needed to be there. It was a rejuvenating conference.

    Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots