Mathetes Award

Leticia at causa nostrae laetitiae has nominated me for the Mathetes Award for Excellence in Discipleship. This has been the greatest honor I have received yet as a blogger. The reason I blog is to bring people closer to the Lord and to share the truth with them. It is my apostolate. It's gratifying to have this effort noticed. I pray that what I do will be pleasing to Our Lord. Thank you.

Mathetes is the Greek word for disciple, and the role of the disciple (per the Great Commission) it to make more disciples. So the rules for accepting the award are such:Winners of this award must pick five other "disciples" to pass it on to, and provide links for (1) the originator of the award (Dan King of management by God), (2) the person (and in my case, the other person ) that awarded it to you, and then (3) name and sites of the five people that you believe are fulfilling the role of a disciple of Christ.Here are the blogs of those who are discipling me:
Leticia who sent this to me - however, she tagged me so I need to select someone else.

1. Margaret Mary Myers
2. Daily Donna - Marie: A Dose of Inspiration
3. Path to Holiness
4. Unborn Word Alliance
5. Spiritual Woman

Comments

  1. Wow. Thank you! I will try to live up to this! God bless you, Jean. MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jean, I was surprised and honored that such a respected and long-time blogger would pick our site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret,

    Your blog and the way you live out your faith in your life are such an inspiration to me. I am very happy to nominate you for this award. I'm so happy God brought you into my life!

    Michelle,
    You have an excellent blog and the depth of your spirituality comes through in your posts. You help me to see things in a new way.

    God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whispering... aren't you glad you did not quit blogging way back when, Jean?...end whisper!

    I am proud to have had you on my blog roll all this time!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes! I would never have met any of these wonderful people. You have been on my mind and in my prayers lately. When you have a chance, email me privately and let me know how you're doing, ok?

    God bless you!

    Happy Respect Life Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jean,

    I am very honored and touched to have been chosen by you for this award. I will try to live up to it. I strive to bring inspiration to others and feel it is what our good Lord is calling me to do. Thank YOU for your inspiring blog and your inspiring emails. You do an unbelievable job that I am sure is touching many lives.

    Keep up the wonderful work!
    God bless,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! I feel very humbled by this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome, Patrice!

    I am a long-time fan of your blog and your other written work.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots