A Gaggle of Friends Meme

Esther tagged me for this meme.

Rules: Answer the questions! You can give a reason for the answer if you like. As for tagging people, you tag as many as you want or as little...minimum of one. There's no obligation to play. Last of all, have fun!

1.First Saint you "met"? I'm not exactly sure what this means, but the first saint I was introduced to as a child was St. Joseph.

2. Favorite Saint(s)? St. Joseph, St. John, St. Therese, St. Maximilian Kolbe, St. John Vianney, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, St. Dominic, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Bernadette of Lourdes, St. Pio of Pietrelcina, St. Gianna, St. Teresa of Avila, St. Margaret Mary, St. Joan of Arc, St. Joseph Cupertino, St. Augustine, St. Francis de Sales, & more.

3. Patron saint for the year? Saint Therese of Lisieux (pray for me!)

4. Favorite book by a saint? The Story of a Soul (St. Therese of Lisieux)

5. Saint book you are reading now? Butler's Saint of the Day and occasionally reread a story from Saintly Women of Modern Times by Joan Carol Cruz.

6. Favorite movie of a saint? The Song of Bernadette. (I also like The Reluctant Saint: St. Joseph Cupertino a lot. It always makes me laugh.)

7. Favorite Autobiography/Biography of a saint? Not a saint yet but Treasure of Clay by Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen -- This is such a wonderful book!

8. Favorite novel/book of a saint? It's difficult to pick just one, so here are a couple I like: A Holy Life: St. Bernadette of Lourdes; Edith Stein: A Biography/the Untold Story of the Philosopher and Mystic Who Lost Her Life in the Death Camps of Auschwitz.

9. Saint (besides your favorites) you'd want to meet? St. Louis de Montfort

10. Saint you look to for help? St. Anthony when we lose things; St. Therese to help me with her "little ways" and especially when I am in pain or suffering in any way. St. Joseph for the men in my family and for finances and employment. St. Francis de Sales for my writing. St. John Chrysostom when speaking in public or giving a talk. St. Joan of Arc when I need courage. St. Jude for difficult situations. St. Maria Goretti for forgiveness and healing of hurts inflicted by others. St. John of the Cross and St. Teresa of Avila when I am going through a dark night of the senses or the soul. St. Gianna for pro-life causes and for women in crisis pregnancies. St. Bernadette for detachment from material things. St. Benedict and St. Michael the Archangel when I am under spiritual attack. St. John and St. Therese for learning how to love selflessly, St. Therese for learning humility. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen and Pope John Paul II for practically every need or concern I have. Whenever I am praying for someone, I pray to their patron saint(s).

11.Favorite saint quote?"My vocation is love." St. Therese of Lisieux

12. Favorite Holy Card? I have many I like, but I think probably my favorite is one that I use everyday. It is a picture of the Blessed Mother in red holding the Christ Child and on the back of it is our community "Consecration Prayer to Mary". I also have several of St. Therese of Lisieux that are very precious to me -- I carry them in my wallet.

13. Favorite story of a saint?

I have lots of them, but the story of St. Francis of Assisi and the wolf is one of my favorites. In the town where St. Francis lived, there was a ferocious wolf who devoured both men and animals. Francis had compassion upon the townsfolk, and went up into the hills to find the wolf. When he found the wolf he made the sign of the cross and commanded the wolf to come to him and hurt no one. Miraculously, the wolf closed his jaws and lay down at the feet of St. Francis. He scolded the wolf for behaving badly and told him that he wanted to make peace between him and the people. Then Francis led the wolf into the town, and made a pact between the stunned townspeople and the wolf. Because the wolf had “done evil out of hunger” the townsfolk were to feed the wolf regularly, and in return, the wolf would no longer prey upon them or their flocks.

14. If you could go anywhere on a pilgrimage to a saint's homeland, where would it be? Lourdes

15. Any Blesseds or Venerables that you would like to become canonized?
Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta, Pope John Paul II, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen, Marthe Robin, Pierre Toussaint, Dorothy Day, Louis and Zelle Martin (St. Therese's parents) Fr. Emil Kaupan

I will tag the following people (I apologize ahead of time if I have already tagged you -- I can't seem to keep track of all these memes.) I enjoy doing them and like to be tagged.

Ok, I will tag:

Deb

Jeff

Barb

Christine

Margaret Mary

Comments

  1. Jean,

    Thank you.

    This is great since I keep having trouble with what to post on my blog. :)

    Of course, I will have to put on my thinking cap for this one. And I have a meme from Alexandra lined up to do as soon as possible. :)

    God bless!

    Margaret Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret Mary!

    I'm glad you like to do these -- at least right now. I never know who to tag, so I try to select different victims... er ... I mean friends each time, so I'm not picking on any one person. Personally, I enjoy getting memes most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's mine:
    http://margmary.blogspot.com/2008/02/gaggle-of-saint-friends-meme.html

    Thank you, Jean, and God bless! :)

    MM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots