Lenten Meditation for Thursday After Ash Wednesday


Whoever wishes to be my follower must deny his very self, take up his cross each day, and follow in my steps." (Luke 9:23)

Reflection:

"Our Lord sometimes makes you feel the weight of the cross. This weight seems unbearable but you carry it because in His love and mercy, the Lord helps you and gives you strength."

"Imagine Jesus crucified in your arms and on your chest, and say a hundred times as you kiss His chest, "This is my hope, the living source of my happiness; this is the heart of my soul; nothing will ever separate me from His love."

~ St. Pio of Pietrelcina

Action: Today, I will carry the crosses the Lord chooses to give me, as I surrender my heart to Him, opening it up to all His life-strengthening graces. I will give up discouragement, and accept the hope that He desires to give me. For, nothing can separate me from His love.

~ copyright February 7, 2008, Jean M. Heimann

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots