Fr. Stan Fortuna here for Parish Mission

This weekend Fr. Stan Fortuna is here for a mini parish mission for two evenings (with the entire parish) and he also enjoyed some special time with the youth on Saturday night. Although I have seen him on EWTN a few times, this is the first time I have seen him in person. Tonight he gave an inspiring talk followed by Eucharistic Adoration, accompanied by some very reverent and beautiful meditation music, which brought some of us to tears. He is a gifted, humble, holy, and humorous man of God. He does a wonderful John Paul II imitation and an amazing Billy Crystal imitation.
Bill accompanied me tonight, although he was very tired and continues to recuperate from his hospital stay. I took notes and hopefully will be able to share more with you tomorrow night -- I'm soaking it all in right now.
More to come...

Comments

  1. Some people are just plain blessed :-)
    We had a mission to but our priest was one who had a bit of a conflict with Fr. Z ;-) Oh well...
    Seriously Jean, I am very happy for your parish.
    I love his Never Been Born rap song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Esther! I was playing it on a boom box at the March for Life one year and attracted an enthusiastic crowd of youth who never heard a pro-life rap song. It really is hauntingly beautiful, and trust me, I'm no rap music fan.
    Your pastor deserves thanks for having Fr. Stan for the youth, he's hard to get a hold of, I saw him about 10 years ago out here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots