I was tagged by Alexandra at Happy Hearts at Home for the following meme.
Here are the rules:
1. List these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
My 7 Facts:
1. I have lived in the US all my life, but the few times I have been outside of this country were when I traveled to: Canada, Italy, France, and Aruba.
2. I love it here in Kansas! Believe it or not, there are actually hills, lakes, and waterfalls in this state. They have the most beautiful sunsets here in God's Country aka "Catholicland."
3. One of the first concerts I attended featured The Rolling Stones and Chuck Berry at the Amphitheatre in Chicago.
4. My parents were of French-Canadian heritage.
5. I speak English and a little Latin, a little Spanish, and a little French, but no German -- my husband's family grew up speaking German. My parents spoke French in their childhood homes.
6. I am a cradle Catholic who drifted away from my faith in the early 70's and returned in the late 80's. I was taught by nuns in habits and attended the Latin Mass as a child. Like most Catholic girls at the time, I had a strong desire to become a nun when I was in grade school and high school. I also first became interested in becoming a writer at age nine, when I composed my first poem.
7. I am a cat lover and have had cats for pets all my life. At age 10, I contracted cat scratch fever after trying to nurse a sickly stray cat back to good health. The poor thing got better, while I ended up developing an abscess on my jaw which had to be surgically removed.
Anyone who would like to do this meme, please be my guest. I would appreciate it if you would let me know in my combox. Thanks!
5 weeks ago