The Simple Woman's Daybook: August 12, 2008


Many thanks to Peggy of Simple Woman's Day Book.

For Today...

Outside my Window....Sunny, blue skies, the wind is blowing the leaves on the bushes and the large oak tree.

I am thinking...about my cats and how much I missed them when we were gone for the weekend. They were very much in need of lots of TLC when we returned home.

I am thankful for...being able to celebrate my birthday with Janet and Betty and for the blessing of spending a few days at the JP+ conference in St. Louis, MO. I am also thankful for the time Bill and I were able to spend together.

From the kitchen...the smell of chicken broth. We both picked up the flu, but were able to down some clear broth today.

I am wearing...my nightgown.

I am reading...various books on the saints and books for review.

I am hoping...to feel better soon. It's hard to relax when there is so much to catch up on, but I am trying to do a little of both.

I am hearing...the dryer buzzer go off. Be right back.

Around the house...it is quiet as Bill and the two cats are all sleeping.

One of my favorite things...is relaxing on a white sand beach or just floating on a raft in the ocean -- both of which I haven't done in awhile.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...rest and get better, get some reading and writing done, and work on my JP+ business.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



While in St. Louis, we visited the Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis, which is gorgeous! It is home to the world's largest collection of mosaics. This is a photo of the dome.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots