The Simple Woman's Daybook: August 18, 2008

Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman to see what other ladies are thinking and doing today!

For Today...

Outside my Window...it's cloudy today. It rained yesterday and I imagine we'll get more today.

I am thinking...how can I get everything done that I have planned for this week and manage to sleep at night?

I am thankful for...this quiet time to think and reflect.

From the kitchen...are lots of fresh, raw veggies to eat -- some from our garden and some from the farmer's market. I can't wait to prepare them.

I am wearing... a light blue cotton dress.

I am reading...a wide variety of things -- books for review, health articles, blog posts, my devotionals, etc.

I am hoping...that this week will go by fast and I get a lot done. I am also hoping that I will pick up some new customers at my Wine and Wellness gathering this week.

I am hearing...the dryer.

I am creating... nothing at the moment. Earlier, I created and printed out invitations to the Wine and Wellness gathering as well as an invitation list for the next two I'm planning.

Around the house...there is much to do -- laundry, cleaning, cooking -- but I have already accomplished a lot today despite the fact that I slept late. I'm finally over the flu that I picked up in St. Louis, so I can get things around here back on track.

One of my favorite things...is to know that fall is coming. There are so many great things about fall -- the leaves on the trees changing colors, long walks outdoors, chrysanthemums, a new Bible study class, bonfires, bands playing at half-time, harvest season, Labor Day, Thanksgiving. It's a time of renewed energy and new activity... a season of thankfulness.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...lots of reading and writing to do, many phone calls and emails to get off, and some hostessing to do. Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



Blooms from my Crape Myrtle.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots