Celebrating Catechetical Sunday

Today is Catechetical Sunday. This year's theme focuses on, “The Word of God in the Life and Mission of the Church.” Those who have been delegated by the community to serve as catechists will be called forth to be commissioned for their ministry. Catechetical Sunday is a wonderful opportunity to reflect upon the role that each person plays, by virtue of Baptism, in handing on the faith and being a witness to the Gospel as well as to rededicating himself or herself to this mission as a community of faith.

Let us keep all of our Cathechists in our prayers.

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur of Spiritual Woman has a great article on Catholic Exchange, which explains today's worldwide celebration.

Comments

  1. Thank you for praying for me. I'm a catechist for 6th grade. I teach Salvation History and certainly go into many of our Church teachings along with that. This is a pretty good age group to be with and I try to develop a good relationship with them from the beginning. I've been blessed that my two young adult daughters have been present to help and bring some youthful vitality to the classroom, also. Yesterday our priest gave a lovely blessing over us with the parish and we were asked to lead the Nicene Creed. It was moving and almost brought me to tears. Years ago in as a young person, you would never have convinced me that I would be standing there teaching and or receiving this blessing. I am humbled. So, once again, thanks! :)
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Suzanne! I thank God for you and the work you and your daughters do and I'm happy to pray for you!

    May God continue to guide you and bless you in all that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Thank you, Jean. God keep blessing you also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots