Quick Movie Reviews: Picks and Passes

Pick: FIREPROOF is an action-packed love story about a fire fighter, his wife, and a marriage worth saving. It is the third movie from Sherwood Pictures, the hope-filled, heartfelt moviemaking ministry of Sherwood Baptist Church that continues to touch the world from Albany, Georgia. Fireproof is a must-see! Both my dh and I enjoyed it immensely! It is a power-packed film on love, God, and marriage. It is filled with drama, suspense, laughter, love, and faith. It will touch your heart. Don't miss it! Read Leticia's complete review here. Esther shares some Catholic resources for fireproofing your marriage here.





Pass: An American Carol is a satire on left-wing filmmaker Michael Malone from Airplane! writer/director David Zucker, who is planning to abolish the 4th of July when he is visited by the spirits of George Washington, John F. Kennedy, General George Patton and the Spirit of Christmas Future, who urge him to repent. I enjoyed a few laughs, but An American Carol contains crude humor, raunchy language, and lots of slapping/hitting, which seemed overdone, and did not impress me. The Michael Malone and Rosie O'Connell characters were surprisingly similar to their real-life characters. If you enjoyed Airplane!, and Police Academy, you will probably enjoy this; however, it didn't do much for me. (Rated PG 13) Read a full review here.

Comments

  1. I saw Fireproof on its opening night with the Extraordinary Wife; I found it badly acted, and poorly written, with two-dimensional characters and a predictable plot.

    And yet I still liked it.

    I saw An American Carol last night; I like David Zucker's work, but this was not up to what I expect from him. Still, it was fun, and I'm glad I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fireproof was one of the best movies I have ever watched. I laughed, cried, it was just great...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots