The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ January 19th Edition


Visit Peggy to read what the other women are thinking and doing today.


FOR TODAY


Monday, January 19, 2009

Outside my window... is a sunny blue sky. It's in the 30's now, but is supposed to get up in the 50's today.

I am thinking...how happy I was that I went to bed earlier than usual last night and was actually able to get to sleep at that time, so I could have more time to get things done today.

I am thankful for...the good weather and the extra sleep.

From the kitchen...I can still smell the Hoppin' John and the corn bread from supper last night, which I am planning to heat up and serve again tonight. It was delicious!

I am wearing...purple pants and a pink t-shirt.

I am creating...this post.

I am going...to Mass later tonight and to see the pro-life movie 22 weeks later this week.

I am reading...many things right now.

I am hoping... and praying that FOCA will not be passed. I'm also hoping that my dh will find employment soon.

I am hearing...my dh talking with someone on the phone from upstairs.

Around the house...I did a little cleaning already today, but have lots more to do, along with laundry.

One of my favorite things...is to do something different -- out of the ordinary-- and hopefully I will be able to do it this week.

A few plans for the rest of the week: lots of pro-life activities and events to attend locally along with writing and reading.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

This Thursday, January 22, 2009, marks the 36th anniversary of Roe V. Wade. In the Catholic Church, it is a day of prayer and penance.

Comments

  1. I love the Simple Woman's Daybook. I printed it out to do this morning and, as per my usual ADD ways, never got around to doing it. Buuuuut - printing it out and placing it in my journal is a step in the right direction!

    I'm planning on doing it every morning not just Monday

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots