Glamour Magazine Explores Abortion

Via Jivin' J's Life Links on Jill Stanek's blog:

Glamour has a long piece on abortion entitled, "Abortion: The secret health decision women aren't talking about until now" and another piece where 8 women share their abortion stories. (The beginning lists resources for women who've had or are considering abortion - all of which are from pro-choice groups.) The first story is just an attack on crisis pregnancy centers and rest are from women who seem to have no regrets about their abortions. Here's an example from the last story:

My abortion was not painful, but I am wistful about losing the physical sensation of being pregnant. I never realized how a baby could get into a woman's blood - I still feel a connection to that little lima bean.

To find a local post-abortion support group near you or to learn more, call 1-800-395-HELP or visit www.optionline.org and click on “After Abortion”.

More Information:

LifeNews.Com: Glamour Magazine Stories Point to Need for More Post-Abortion Help for Women by Steven Ertelt

Comments

  1. I used to read Glamour in my twenties, for beauty and fashion tips, now I can't believe how agenda driven it has become.
    I also can't believe how narcissitic the comment was, "I miss the sensation of being pregnant". It's not about how it makes YOU feel! It's about an irreplaceable human being!!!!!
    I haven't bought Glamour in 20 years, and my daughters will NOT be buying it either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to read Glamour in the 1980's for the same reason -- beauty tips, fashion, etc. but don't like it anymore for the same reason you mention -- it supports the culture of death, as so many secular magazines do nowadays. It also published a story not long ago about CINO radical abortion Governor Kathleen Sebelius. That reason alone is enough to make you not want to subscribe for the rest of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when Glamour andCosmopolitan were the highlights of the month for me. That was eons ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of those magazines are horrible!
    Why didn't we see the "vanity" problems with ever being affiliated with them anyway? Hey, I'm at fault with some of that too, but THAT alone should have told us that eventually they'd come to no good.
    Feel connection with that little "lima bean?" Oh dear, Lord Have Mercy! Don't most of us only dream of a day in Heaven when we can only hope to hold those little babies in our arms! Maybe we will...maybe we will and in the meantime, Lord, move these women's hearts, please, Lord! Amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how sad. I used to read them as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots