Indiana Bishop not to attend pro-life banquet featuring Steele


Saying there can be “no equivocation” about abortion, Bishop of Evansville, Indiana Gerald Andrew Gettelfinger has decided not to attend the Vanderburgh County Right to Life (VCRL) banquet because Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele, a Catholic who made conflicting comments about his abortion views, will be addressing the gathering.

Bishop Gettlelfinger charged that Steele “assiduously avoids” strong language on abortion. Article

I can certainly understand why he wouldn't want to attend the banquet and I am happy that he is strong in his convictions and is standing up for life.

Comments

  1. I have already signed a petition asking Steele to resign, or for the Republicans to fire him. I ask others to sign it also.

    Lets back the clock up 150 years to the year 1859 (the year before the Civil War started). I wonder how he would feel about slavery. Gee, I’m against it, but if others are for it, that’s ok with me! Yea, right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I guess we can just pretend like slavery didn't happen if we just ban abortion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots