Prayers for These Difficult Economic Times


You are with me always. You bless me with countless gifts. I thank you for these gifts today, especially for the gift of your Son, Jesus, Let me not become lost in the journey of life. I cannot serve two masters. I seek to serve You, O Lord.

May I see your face in each and every person.
May I love them as You love them, O Lord.
I pray for my neighbors who have lost their jobs
and for those who struggle in these uncertain times.
Open my eyes to see the ways that I may help them.

Bless our community, our nation, and the world.
May this time of uncertainty awaken within the
human race
the truth that You are God and Father of us all.
Deepen my faith.
Strengthen my hope.
Multiply my charity.
In You, O God, I place my trust.
Amen.

***

Dear Lord,

We lift up our hearts and minds in thanks and praise to you for another opportunity to love and serve you and your people this day. We ask for your divine mercy and care for all our brothers and sisters who are out of work and are concerned about their abilities to support their families and themselves. We ask that you send them your peace and help them to persevere in the face of adversity and worry about this situation in their lives. Please help them to find the basic dignity in work that all of your people need and deserve as your children, and help those who can provide work to reach and employ those in most need of work.

Help all of us to do everything we can to assist those who are out of work in their job search, and to take risks and make recommendations to help your people who might not otherwise have the door of employment opened to them. Please bless the job search efforts and hear the prayers of the many who need your love most now.We pray in the name of Christ Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever. Amen.

***

Jesus, please have pity on the desperation that so many unemployed persons experience, as so many people are losing their jobs...and their businesses...and their homes, and sometimes their marriages due to financial stresses.

Please help the unemployed to find work. Have mercy Jesus in these serious issues for lives and relationships. Please help families to survive economically and emotionally. Please surround them with Your light and love.

Jesus, please encourage an improvement in the economy so that unemployment issues and financial difficulties ease. Please circumvent the greed of those who profit on the misery of others.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless, and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Father God, help all of us to step outside of our safe and secure comfort zones and reach out to others in self-giving love to assist others in meeting their basic needs at this difficult time and to being hope and healing to their hearts through our simple acts of charity. Amen.

"Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me."

~ Matthew 25: 40

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots