John Paul II, we love and remember you!



Today, is the fourth anniversary of the passing of our beloved Pope John II the Great.

When I visited Vatican City in February 2006, I prayed at the grave of Pope John Paul II. What will always remain with me is the vision of the many roses and written prayer requests covering his grave. Kneeling before the grave of this great saint, a group of us prayed for his intercession for those intentions closest to our hearts. There was such a sense of great reverence and awe that will remain with me always.

Today I pray his intercession in my many prayer requests. Although he has not yet been officially canonized by the Church, there is no doubt in my mind that he soon will be.

Here is my pictorial post on the first anniversary of his death POPE JOHN PAUL THE GREAT: MY FAVORITE MEMORIES and my favorite John Paul II quotes on the second anniversary of his death from my post In Memory of Pope John Paul II.

Here are a few posts in the blogosphere honoring tribute to him today:

American Papist: Video: Thank you, JPII

Causa Nostrae Laetitiae: John Paul II, we remember you!

Thoughts of a Regular Guy: Pope John II Miraculous Intercession?
Related Information:

Comments

  1. I do love and remember him! He died on my 21st Birthday- what a great man he was. Thanks for this post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean, great post, I have one today as well:

    http://carlosechevarria.blogspot.com/2009/04/john-paul-ii-we-miss-you.html

    The other I linked back to you, I actually had some of those pics you had in your older post but I provided a link because your collection is broader than mine...

    I am trying to go to Rome this summer, God willing, and quite obviously one of the first things I will do is go to JP2's tomb!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots