Culture of Life Quote: Bishop John D'Arcy on the Notre Dame Scandal

 Bishop D'Arcy describes his feelings prior to the 2009 Notre Dame graduation and on graduation day:

“I found it an increasingly sad time, and I was convinced that there were no winners, but I was wrong.” 

 
 As graduation drew near, I knew I should be with the students. It was only right that the bishop be with them, for they were on the side of truth, and their demonstration was disciplined, rooted in prayer and substantive. I told the pro-life rally, several thousand people on a lovely May day, that they were the true heroes. Despite the personal costs to themselves and their families, they chose to give public witness to the Catholic faith…”


Read the entire story here at America Magazine.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots