RIP: Senator Edward Kennedy

Although I did not agree with his pro-death, anti-Catholic policies, I was very sad to hear of the death of Senator Edward Kennedy. I had been praying for his health -- particularly his spiritual health.

As a child, I admired his brothers, President John Kennedy and Senator Robert Kennedy. I was devastated when they were both assassinated. The incident at Chappaquiddick made me shudder and led me to pray for Edward Kennedy. I sincerely hope that he was able to repent on his death bed. Let us pray for the repose of his soul.

From CNA:

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (D-MA) passed away last night at the age of 77 after a battle with brain cancer.  Kennedy, a Catholic, will be remembered for his service to the poor, and dedication to education but also his opposition to pro-life issues.

After a long struggle with brain cancer, last night Sen. Kennedy took a turn for the worse while at his home in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts.  Surrounded by his family members and a priest, Fr. Patrick Tarrant, he passed away around 11:30 p.m.  Entire story here.

More Reactions and Information: 

American Life League: Statement on the Passing of Sen. Edward Kennedy

LifeSiteNews.Com: Ted Kennedy, Abortion Advocate and Health Reform Mastermind, Dead at 77

First Things: Ted Kennedy, Healthcare & Purgatory by The Anchoress

Patrick Madrid:  My Response to Sr. Maureen Feidler's Comments About Ted Kennedy's Passing

My Domestic Church - Elena: Senator Kennedy: RIP (Includes Video)

Related Post on Catholic Fire:

Senator Edward Kennedy Has Malignant Brain Tumor

Comments

  1. I know we are not to judge, and I believe his brain tumor may have been a blessing for him, giving him time to rethink everything. I have prayed for his re-conversion but do not know what took place in his final hour or moments. I can only think if he did not re-convert, I would have hatted to be him when he met St. Peter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots