Mourning the death of a loved one


On September 11, 2009, our dear cat Callie left us. She was only 8 years old. Callie had been suffering from diabetes, as well as a very progressive and destructive disease which attacked her nervous system, preventing her from walking and interfering with her elimination processes.

We adopted her only one year ago after her former owner passed away, but we became very attached to her. Before this horrible disease, when Bill and I began our night prayers, she would run into our bedroom, and jump up in the bed and sit on my chest as close as she could to my face, with her whiskers in my nose, while I rubbed her cheeks. She purred loudly and just couldn't seem to get enough of this. After ten minutes of this, she would jump on Bill for few minutes, then back to me for a longer period of time. When we were finished praying, she left and went to sleep on the floor in our room.
 
She had the sweetest and most affectionate disposition despite all the pain she was in and we will miss her so very much. There must be a special place in heaven for pets like this.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry Jean. It does hurt to lose a beloved special Pet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss her...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Callie. I know how it hurts to lose a pet you love, and hope you are comforted by your sweet memories of her. She was a very pretty cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean, what a beautiful tribute. I am also comforted to think a place in Heaven for our beloved pets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your condolences and comforting words.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed, there must be. So sorry for the loss of Callie. Pets can be such a comfort.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots