Take Action: Christmas Play at Columbia University Insults Our Lady's Purity -- Send This Letter


It's things like this that make my blood boil.

Here is an email I recieved from Robert Ritchie from American Needs Fatima today:

Columbia University is blocking our email protests against XMAS, the blasphemous play the University is hosting that shows the Blessed Mother desperate for sins of impurity!

To overcome this obstacle, please send the protest message below from your email provider to:
officeofthepresident@columbia.edu

Just copy and paste and send this message:

Mr. Lee Bollinger:
It was with deep grief and real shock that I read about the blasphemous play hosted at Columbia University called XMAS, where the “Blessed Virgin Mary” asks for sins of impurity.
I cannot accept this egregious blasphemy against the Most Holy Person of Our Lady, nor will I remain silent in face of this insult to my Catholic Faith, especially at Christmas time.
I respectfully urge you to issue a public and appropriate apology to Our Lady and to all Catholics. That is the least you could do in reparation to the Most Pure Being, chosen by God to be His Mother.
For the record, I send you this protest message, which I offer as an act of reparation to Our Blessed Mother in reparation for this and all blasphemy in the world.
Sincerely,

I sent out a version of this email message in my own words earlier today. It was polite, but firm and expressed my outrage, shock, and disgust toward the showing of this vile play.

Or, if you prefer, you can contact Columbia University to politely yet firmly express your objection to XMAS at:

Office of the President, Columbia University
Mr. Lee Bollinger
202 Low Library
535 West 116th Street, Mail Code 4309
New York, NY 10027
Phone: (212) 854-9970
Fax: (212) 854-9973
Email: officeofthepresident@columbia.edu

Related Information:

Comments

  1. Where can I find out what the show actually is? All I can find on the web is this email that's getting forwarded -- but I think we all know how often these email forwards get invented and exaggerated, for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scoots,

    You may want to check out this link http://www.columbiaspectator.com/2009/12/09/musical-xmas-4-more-naughty-nice for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an outrage that must NOT be tolerated!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots