Labor Day 2012: Prayers for The Unemployed and The Underemployed




Prayers for The Unemployed and The Underemployed

Prayer for Employment

Lord, there are many people in our nation who are in need of a steady job with sufficient wages to care for themselves and their families. 
Help these people remain diligent in their job search. Give them the confidence they need to succeed and the perseverance to continue on when they become discouraged. Teach me to encourage those seeking employment and to offer them whatever assistance I can give.
Open the hearts of those responsible for hiring and for the care of unemployed people in industry and in government that they may carry out their work with compassion.


Prayer to St. Joseph, Patron of Workers

O Saint Joseph, we pray to you for those who are out of work, for those who want to earn their
living or support their families.
You who are the patron of workers, grant that unemployment may vanish from our ranks; that all
those who are ready to work may put their strength and abilities in serving their fellowmen and
earn a just salary.
You are the patron of families; do not let those who have children to support and raise lack the
necessary means. Have pity on our brothers and sisters held down in unemployment and poverty
because of sickness or social disorders. Help our political leaders and captains of industry find
new and just solutions. May each and every one have the joy of contributing, according to his
abilities, to the common prosperity by an honorable livelihood. Grant that we may all share
together in the abundant goods God has given us and that we may help underprivileged
countries. Amen.


O God, who made us in your image,
You call us to live in community,
Caring for all, but especially those in need.
Look with love on those of us
who are unemployed,
who are underemployed
who are called to be supportive community.
Help us to enjoy life together, realizing we are the Body of Christ.
Help us to understand what kind of help we need to offer one another,
respecting the dignity of each person,
realizing the need of all to be full participants in society,
To find meaningful work that sustains life.
Guide the leaders of our country,
that they may take wise decisions which will benefit us all.
We ask this through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen. (K. Leith)

Prayers for Hope and Employment

Lord Jesus Christ,
You ask all who are anxious and weary
To come to You for support and hope.
Lord, I am very anxious and down
From my inability to find work.
Guide my efforts to find that right path;
Give me the patience and sustain my waning hope
To find opportunities, especially ones with a future.
Help me find and accept the community support
I need in these desperate times.
Help me find a peace -
Even in the midst of my worries and fears
For my financial liabilities are mounting.
Strengthen my determination and let me not despair;
Open my eyes to see life
beyond the rejections and lost opportunities.
Help me believe in me
And that You are with me through this trying time.
Dear Lord, be with me at this time;
Guide and strengthen me.
Let there be signs of hope
And gratitude for any help along the way.
Amen. (K. Leith)

God, our Father, I turn to you seeking your divine help and guidance as I look for suitable employment. I need your wisdom to guide my footsteps along the right path, and to lead me to find the proper things to say and do in this quest. I wish to use the gifts and talents you have given me, but I need the opportunity to do so with gainful employment. Do not abandon me, dear Father, in this search, but rather grant me this favor I seek so that I may return to you with praise and thanksgiving for your gracious assistance. Grant this through Christ, our Lord. Amen.


Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots