Hope during difficult times


During difficult times, we may feel distant from God or even abandoned by Him, so how do we draw close, when He seems so far away? 

We all go through periods of our life feeling like this. Many of the saints experienced this during their lives. This is something that I have been personally struggling with for the past few months. I have been praying for Mother Mary's intercession -- asking her to hold me close and wrap me in her arms -- especially during the darkest nights, when I am unable to sleep or my night is filled with pain.

Daily Mass, prayer throughout the day, the rosary and clinging to the Truth are all ways I manage to cope. Today, I was reminded of the reality of His presence, in light of the gospel message for Thursday of the sixth week of Easter "A little while and you will no longer see me and you will no longer see me." John 16: 16

Here's is a new insight (a reminder actually) I obtained from today's The Word Among Us (April 20 - May 31 edition) reflection:

How can we be sure that he has not abandoned us?

Here's the answer: Jesus is not only with you, he's within you by the power of the Holy Spirit. He has never left your side, because he is in your heart! No matter what your situation right now, you can take a few deep breaths, calm your mind, and begin to sense him. He is there, inside you, ready to give you his healing, peace, wisdom, and joy! 

So cast your burdens on the Lord. Stake everything on the words of St. Paul: "Neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the Love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39).

He is with us always! 

An Act of Hope
O my God, relying on Thy almighty power and infinite mercy and promises, I hope to obtain pardon of my sins, the help of Thy grace, and life everlasting, through the merits of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Redeemer. Amen.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots