Seven Quick Takes: Summer Conferences, Saints, and Prayer



Midwest Catholic Family Conference

1. Due to unexpected expenses this past year, I was unable to attend the Catholic Writers Conference in Chicago this summer, which was a big disappointment, as we had planned to combine it with a family visit. However, I am happy to say that I will be attending the Midwest Catholic Family Conference in Wichita this weekend. Check out the details HERE.


2.  Here is a photo from last year's Catholic Writers Conference of the beautiful Pat Gohn (on the right) and me. What a fabulous conference that was! Some of the amazing Catholic authors I met up with include: Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle, Pat Gohn, Leticia Velasquez, Ellen Gable, Elizabeth Scalia, Lisa Mladinich , Patti Maguire Armstrong, Regina Doman, Vinny Flynn, Teresa Tomeo, Karina Fabian, Ann Margaret Lewis, AnnMarie Creedon, and  John Desjarlais.

3. This week was a great week for writing and blogging about one of my favorite saints, St. Ignatius of Loyola and his spirituality, as well as Pope Francis, a Jesuit.

4. One characteristic I admire about the saints is their joy. I wrote about it this past week, hoping to spread a little of it to my readers.

5.  This past week I wrote about a saint with whom I just recently became acquainted --St. Alphonsa of the Immaculate Conception: First Woman Saint of India. What an amazing woman!

6. This week I posted the novena to St. Dominic -- my birthday saint. He is special to me for many reasons, which I will write more about later.



7. Let's all remember that today, First Friday, August 1, is a day of prayer, adoration and solidarity for the persecuted Christians in Iraq, Syria, and the Middle East.

For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary!




Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots