1. My new book, Seven Saints for Seven Virtues, was officially released on the Feast of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary! I have been told that it should be on the shelves of bookstores next week. Lisa Hendey has written a beautiful forward for the book, which has been endorsed by Pat Gohn and Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle.
2. The book blog tour is from Monday, October 13 - Wednesday, October 22. Be sure to stop by Catholic Fire to check out the blog tour schedule!
3. Today Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur posted her review of Seven Saints for Seven Virtues at Catholic Mom. Thank you, Patrice, for this wonderful review!
4. This past week has been filled with activity. On Respect Life Sunday, we prayed the rosary and held up signs to support the sanctity of human life in the public square, as part of the pro-life chain. Afterwards, we attended an activity in our parish, which included a meal, entertainment, and Adoration.
5. On the Feast of the Holy Rosary, I was blessed to be able to go to Mass and Communion, Eucharistic Adoration, and a Rosary Litany and Benediction for Life! Bill and I led the fourth decade of the sorrowful mysteries of the Pro-life Rosary. It was a beautiful liturgy with Exposition, Rosary, a Litany, Gospel, a Homily, Prayer, and Hymns.
6. On Thursday, I posted about two great saints -- Blessed John Henry Newman: Catholic Convert - 19th century theologian, philosopher, teacher, preacher, writer, and spiritual guide -- and St. Louis Bertrand -- French Dominican priest, who miraculously escaped attempts on his life and who was responsible for miracles in the lives of others.
7. Today's saint is St. Francis Borgia, who gave up a life of nobility to become a Jesuit priest.
Have a blessed weekend!
Visit Jen at Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes.