She considered having an abortion...Now, she's thankful she didn't




At the age of 18, Javiera Ramirez found out she was pregnant. She felt like her life was falling apart. Having a baby wasn't in her plans and she didn't know where to turn.

JAVIERA RAMIREZ
Foundation Chile Unido
"At 18, I was a wild child. I didn't have any responsibilities. I didn't want any. I just wanted to go out and have fun.”

The first few months were anything but easy. She admits that at one point, it seemed like the only viable option was to have an abortion.

JAVIERA RAMIREZ
Foundation Chile Unido
"That's the first thing you think about. It seems like an abortion will solve your problems. It's the first thought that pops into your head when you learn of an unwanted pregnancy. You think, I don't want this baby and the reaction is to reject it.”

Things changed when she found  a pro-life foundation, named 'Chile Unido', or United Chile. There, she received psychological support and logistical help. Eventually, she decided to keep her baby.

JAVIERA RAMIREZ
Foundation Chile Unido
"I don't know what I'd be doing now if my son wasn't with me... I don't want to even think about it.  I don't want to imagine how my life would be without him, because he's the greatest thing that ever happened to me.”

The Foundation is committed to promoting family and life values. It offers help and guidance to mothers with unwanted pregnancies, so that they don't feel alone.

To reach out to others, the foundation released a series of videos where women share how they were able to overcome fear and doubt, thanks to the support and guidance of the group.

Via Rome Reports.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots