Wednesday, February 04, 2015
With Lent only two weeks away, it's time to start looking at some inspiring reading material to help us grow in holiness.
Of the books I have read, the following are my favorites for Lent:
1. Bringing Lent Home with St. John Paul II: Prayers, Reflections, and Activities for Families by Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle
2. Bringing Lent Home with St. Thérèse of Lisieux: Prayers, Reflections, and Activities for Families by Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle
3. Seven Saints for Seven Virtues by Jean M. Heimann (helpful in learning to replace sin with specific virtues)
4. Practical Theology: Spiritual Direction from Saint Thomas Aquinas by Peter Kreeft
5. The Grace of Yes: Eight Virtues for Generous Living by Lisa Hendey
6. Walking with Mary: A Biblical Journey from Nazareth to the Cross by Edward Sri
7. Magnifcat Lenten Companion
All of these books are very readable and relevant.