Thursday, February 12, 2015
1. Make a homemade Valentine for your loved one. Be sure to mention on your card some specific ways they are special to you, i.e., "You always laugh at my corny jokes" or "You always compliment me on my cooking even though boiling hot water is a challenge for me."
2. Write a love letter to your Valentine on pretty pink stationary and tell him/her exactly why you love him/her and what makes them special.
3. Prepare a special meal and get dressed up. Use your best china, candles, and your linen napkins. Take out your best wine or open a bottle of champagne, or favorite non-alcoholic drink. (Chill the glasses beforehand.)
4. Purchase one long-stemmed red rose for your partner and compose a love poem to accompany it. Present it in an envelope sealed with a red foil heart.
5. Take a walk together, hold hands, and reminisce about romantic times in the past - such as the day you first met and fell in love, your wedding day or another special time for the two of you.
6. Go out dancing together or stay at home and put on your favorite music and dance together by candle light.
7. Watch a romantic DVD/Video together.
Some suggestions: Roman Holiday, Sabrina, Sleepless in Seattle, The King and I, The Farmer's Daughter, The Shop Around the Corner, You've Got Mail, My Fair Lady, Casablanca, Love Comes Softly, Bright Star, The Philadelphia Story, On Moonlight Bay, It Happened One Night, An Affair to Remember, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Love Story, The Princess Bride, The Quiet Man, The Sound of Music, Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice (2006)
8. Go see the movie Old-Fashioned together.
9. Pray together and thank God for the gift He has given you in one another.
10. Tell your spouse how much he/she means to you and how out of all the billions of people in the world you chose him/her to love and will continue to do so for the rest of your life on earth.