Monday, March 30, 2015
Holy Week is the week that changed the world. Here are 12 ways you can make this week more meaningful.
1. PRAY throughout the day, speaking to God just as you would to a close friend. Ask Him to save souls, especially those who are dying this day and are most in need of His mercy. Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for these souls.
2. FAST Eat smaller portions of food for meals or eat food without salt or pepper this week.
3. REPENT Examine your conscience daily and go to Confession.
4. ADORE Spend time with the Lord in Eucharistic Adoration this week, even if you only have 15 minutes.
5. PRAY the rosary slowly, contemplatively, meditating on the sorrowful mysteries.
6. ATTEND all of the Triduum liturgies.
7. PRAY the Stations of the Cross.
8. MEDITATE on Christ's Passion daily as you read the various accounts of the Passion in the Gospels.
9. SACRIFICE Offer up any pain or difficulties you are experiencing and unite them with Christ's sufferings.
10. INVITE family members, friends, neighbors, or co-workers to come to Church with you, especially those who have been away from the faith for some time.
11. GIVE of yourself -- your time, talent, and treasure-- to assist your parish in a special way this Easter.
12. REACH OUT to someone who is hurting or suffering. Pray with them, listen to them, and console them.